The Ras Al Khaimah Department of Economic Development's Policy
The Department of Economic Development aims to contribute to the economic and social development in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah by providing inclusive economic services, focusing on service quality and customer satisfaction.
In order to accomplish these objectives, the DED adopts management via partnership, occupational empowerment policy, and encouraging the team spirit. The DED is committed to continuously enhancing its operations and services via upholding quality management principles; and the DED has adopted three courses in order to achieve the previous:
- Implementing the policy of Sheikh Saqr Programme for Government Excellence (based on EFQM).
- Comprehensive quality management aimed at communicating the DED's vision and policy on all levels, and contributing to providing and securing best practices and applications in management, and enhancing employees' capabilities.
- Implementing ISO 9001 international specifications for quality management systems.
To fulfill the requirements of these courses, the DED has adopted annually-reviewable quality objectives to ensure their suitability and keeping pace with the DED's vision for future development.
Quality is a principal responsibility for all DED staff, and the trained and competent DED personnel are committed to providing the highest standards of customer service.
The Ras Al Khaimah Department of Economic Development's Social Policy
The Department of Economic Development endeavors to promote societal responsibility via adhering to the following:
- Environmental conservation and development.
- Abiding by morality in its practices and avoiding causing detriment to competent parties.
- Comprehensive quality, data accuracy and transparent publication thereof.
- Partnership with competent parties to accomplish common interests.
- Contributing to the improvement of quality of life in the Emirate.
- Providing a conducive working environment, equality and rationalizing consumption.
- Striving to achieve sustainable development (economically, religiously, socially, culturally, sanitarily...etc).