Wednesday 10 October 2018
Emirates Association for Social Development in Ras AL Khaimah has organized an interactive dialogue under their initiative “A Dialogue with an Official” which aimed at enhancing the communication channels between the officials and customers.
Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Shayeb Al-Naqbi, Director General of RAK DED, Emphasized in the interactive dialogue that the construction development, increasing population density, and tourism are in line with the Emirate’s 2030 strategic vision, and are the cornerstone of the economy of Ras AL Khaimah. DED launched a group of incentives which their results are expected to come soon. Dr. Al-Naqbi said that the year of 2018 witnessed a global economic downturn. Therefore, the Federal Government and the competent departments in the Country has initiated economic incentives and initiatives, in addition to inject 16 AED billion in the markets. RAK DED has launched 12 incentives and facilities for business establishments like:
- increasing the activities of AL Ghad Licenses from 12 to 34 activities that could be practiced at home
- Allowing to issue more than one license in one location for office activities.
- Extending the grace period of renewing the expired license to 90 days.
- Issuing licenses without the provision of an office building for the first year for non-RAK licensed companies.
- Allowing to add additional activity to the license by permit only.
- Cancelling the extra working hours permit for commercial shops and establishment where they can operate till 02:00 A.M.
- launching the Virtual Trader initiative.
- Cancelling the site inspection upon issuing the new economic license for some activities.
Dr. Al-Naqbi stated: “in implementing the directives of H.H Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Crown Prince of Ras Al Khaimah, RAK Government has provided the financial support by giving 3.5 AED million to seven youth projects under AL Ghad licenses. These Licenses reached 234 licenses where their activities increased from 12 to 34 ones that are operated at home, and these licenses’ fees were exempted for 3 years after which the project owner can open his own company outside his home. “He said that the incentives aimed to give AL Ghad Licensee industrial and commercial fields by RAK SME, and holding an open exhibition for projects owners to offer their projects in the coming week. RAK DED reduced the violation rate by 50% and canceled 33 duality violations with other departments.
“We started implementing a study to learn about the activities density in a specific place and violations according to the region and most community that commit those violations. That helped us to achieve the program (Let’s Educate before Violation). We also exempted 800 grievances from their due fines. “Said Dr. Al-Naqbi.